Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar predictions!

I crammed in a couple more movies this weekend before the awards so I could make informed decisions but I would first like to say that everyone who said Rachel Getting Married was boring or a bad movie can GO STAND ON MADISON AVENUE AT RUSH HOUR.

Okay, so: BEST PICTURE:



This is a tough one. All I can say is that I hope it's not Avatar. Avatar was a good movie but James Cameron is such an asshole and deserves NOTHING. I think that The Hurt Locker or Inglorious Basterds should win but i'm REALLY pulling for The Hurt Locker.

Verdict: The Hurt Locker

LEAD ACTRESS:



Oh how DESPERATELY I want it to be Gabby! I'm still pulling for her and I really hope she'll come out of nowhere and show these women how it's done. Now, I DIDN'T SEE The Blind Side so I can't really judge but if I know one thing it's that MERYL STREEP DOESN'T DESERVE THE OSCAR THIS YEAR. Yep, that's right. Her portrayal of Julia Child was good but not "OMG AMAZING THIS IS SO MUCH MORE DESERVING THAN ANY OF HER ROLES IN THE PAST 3 YEARS!"

Verdict: It'll be Sandra but I WANT it to be Gabby.

LEAD ACTOR:



Fuck you, Jeff Bridges. YOU'RE BORING.

Verdict: I'd like it to be Colin Firth but it'll likely be that smug asshole above.

SUPPORTING ACTRESS:



Really, it goes without saying.

Verdict: MO!!!!!!!!!

SUPPORTING ACTOR:

THAT'S A BINGO! I mean, Christoph Waltz.



Verdict: Christoph Waltz

DIRECTOR:



Kathryn Bigelow, hands down.

Vedict: BIGELOW!

I'll see you in 6 hours blogger, where I will probably be raging because Gabby didn't win.

2 comments:

  1. i'm team bigelow, too <3
    although, i do have a soft spot for a single man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babycakes! So sad you won't be with us for the Oscars!

    ReplyDelete